The Dog House Megaways is a video slot from Pragmatic Play that was released on August 13, 2020. This slot is based on the same principle as the The Dog House slot, and it has the same theme along with the same high-quality graphics and vibrant imagery. In point of fact, visually, The Dog House Megaways slot is identical to the original game in every respect. The background depicts a suburban street with a home and a white fence in the distance, while the reels are designed to seem like a large dog house. The main difference is the addition of the Megaways engine. Read our review to decide whether it is worth your time and money playing it.
The Dog House Megaways™ by Pragmatic Play Video Review
The Dog House Megaways General Characteristics
1. 64-117649 paylines
2. 6 reels and 2-7 rows
3. High volatility
4. RTP: 96.55%, 95.53%, 94.55%
5. Hit Frequency 23.25%
6. Bonus Hit Frequency 0.26%
7. Bet amount 0.2 EUR - 100 EUR
8. Maximum win multiplier - x12305
9. Maximum win value 1,230,500 EUR
10. 11 main symbols
11. Additional symbols: Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol
The Dog House Megaways Bonus Features
Wild Symbol. This symbol can appear on all reels except the first one, there is a chance that it will have a multiplier of 2x or 3x. The value of a multiplier is multiplied every time two or more WILDs appear as part of a winning combination.
Free Spins. To activate the Free Spins Bonus Round, you must have 3 or more SCATTER symbols appear anywhere on the reels. At the beginning of the Free Spins Round, you will be given a choice between the following two options:
1. Sticky Wilds Free Spins. The amount of SCATTER symbols that are required to activate the bonus round determines the total number of Free Spins that the player receives. For 3 to 6 SCATTERS you will receive from 7, 12, 15, and 20 Free Spins with 2 to 7 sticky WILDs accordingly and it is worth mentioning that when you collect 6 of them, you will get from 3 to 7 WILDs. Whenever a WILD symbol of any size lands on the reels throughout the round, it receives a random multiplier of either 1x, 2x, or 3x, and it stays on the reels until the conclusion of the round, growing or shrinking in size depending on the size of the reels in following spins. Up until the conclusion of the round, the size of each reel is guaranteed to be at least equal to the number of sticky WILDS symbols that are currently on it. It is not possible to reactivate the feature again during the bonus round.
2. Raining Wilds Free Spins. Raining WILDs are the wilds that randomly appear on the reels. The amount of SCATTER symbols that are required to activate the bonus round determines the total number of Free Spins that the player receives. For 3 to 6 SCATTERS you will receive from 15, 18, 25, 30 Free Spins with up to 6 raining WILDs accordingly. This feature has no retrigger.
Our Experience Playing The Dog House Megaways
As soon as we began playing the game, we were welcomed with familiar images from the last game, as well as the same upbeat music that made us feel happy and put a smile on our faces. It is without a doubt that gamers from all over the globe like the Dog House series of games, and it was time for us to determine whether or not this edition was an upgrade over the first one. In order to verify this, we reverted to our tried-and-true procedure, which consisted of making a deposit of 200 Euros, adjusting the stake to 1 Euro, and playing the game for around 300 rounds. The first one hundred spins did not provide us with a bonus round. Nevertheless, we did get 4 respectable payouts of around 15 euros each, which assisted us in remaining afloat, and as a consequence, we were only behind by 17.45 euros. After our next one hundred spins, we were fortunate enough to win a staggering sum of 70.20 Euros thanks to the combination of three multipliers worth 3x each and practically two lines of pugs, and a couple lines of 10s with two multipliers worth 3x each we won another 60 Euros. As a result of 200 spins, we were up by 52.15 Euros. However, we still had a strong desire to trigger the bonus round to check out how well it paid out. The last one hundred spins were quite unremarkable in terms of rewards, with the exception of a few wins of around 15 Euros each, which assisted us in coming close to covering the cost of the spins itself. The fact that we were able to win 40.50 Euros despite the fact that we did not trigger the bonus round, it was enough to make us happy, but we were still a little bit disappointed.
Because it uses the Megaways engine, this slot is a deserving follow-up to the one that started off The Dog House series. It offers a little bit more thrill than the game that came before it. During the base game, we were taken aback to find pretty significant payouts. Nevertheless, we were disheartened to see that there was not a single bonus round to be found during the duration of 300 spins. Taking into account the fact that it has a high volatility, it is an excellent option for gamers who like taking chances in the hopes of achieving large payouts. However, you need to exercise caution since it's just as likely to lead you to lose money as it is to make you some. If you enjoyed the first installment of the Dog House series, we believe you will also like this one. Good luck and have fun!
Please login or register to rate or comment game.